Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Playgroups

They definitely do not design playgroups for working moms. I was so excited when I found a playgroup that was started for kids born right around Addison's age. I thought...perfect, she'll have some other kids to interact with. That was until I went back to work and no longer have my days free to do what I want. Before I even joined, I read up on the group in which they said it was for working moms too...not just SAHM (that is Stay-At-Home-Mom).

So, now we are playgroupless. We went to this cute baby boutique last Saturday in which there as a play/music group meeting. I was shocked to see something on Saturday. They were singing and introducing everyone in the group. Addison was mesmerized and I knew instantly I had to get her together with other babies. I went on a mission of searching for playgroups. I called the baby boutique to find out what the name of the group was that was meeting there. They are a strictly music group which costs almost $300 for 12 sessions. Then, I remembered that Gymboree has play and learn classes. They let you sign up for one free class. So our class in this Saturday and I will have to write and let you know how she did. The only sucky part is the class is during her regular naptime. Hopefully, this won't pose a challenge for us. I'll let you know.

2 comments:

  1. Where is Gymboree? I've tried to google it, but all I can find is the clothing one. This is my first blog comment, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is www.gymboreeclasses.com. The class I am taking with Addison is for 6-10 months. But..they do have a class for 0-6 months. You should start Leah there. I wish I would have started earlier with Addison.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!