Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Eating

So, Addison's eating habits are getting better...much better. It was touch and go there for a while. I think one week she went five days without eating lunch and four days without eating dinner. I seriously felt like a horrible mom. Even though she was given every opportunity to eat (and trust me, we tried all foods), I still felt like I was starving my kid. But now, we are back in business.

It is funny though the foods she loves to eat. Sweet potatoes, grilled cheese, peanut butter and jelly, fruit and bread are always favorites in our house. But now, she has developed quite a sweet tooth. She ate decent at dinner last night, but when the cake came out for my Dad's birthday, you would have thought we just starved her to near death. I can barley get her to take a bite of her chicken but when it came to the chocolate cake, I couldn't get it in her mouth fast enough.

There was actually a time about 1-2 months ago when I could barely get her to eat a cookie. Actually, the only way I could get her to eat a cookie was call it a Banana Cookie. For some reason, whether it was a banana cookie or not, this was the only way she would eat it. Sometimes, she just really cracks me up. Her personality is really starting to shine. Last night when we were singing Happy Birthday (this is the highlight for her at all parties), she was laughing and laughing and covering her mouth with her hands like she was cracking up so much. She really is too much!

Every time we sing Happy Birthday at a party, she thinks it is for her. Especially since, when we are signing, my whole family is looking at her not the birthday person. She always has a huge smile on her face and is generally laughing. She isn't the center of attention in my family...no way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!