Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Another Baby in our House

On Saturday, my husband (and me too, I guess) threw a big UFC party. Usually we invite a ton of people and maybe 5 or 6 show up. Well to our surprise, a lot more than just 5-6 people showed up...probably around 30 or so (plus kids!). Our friend Nick brought his 3 month old baby too and I was really curious to see how Addison was going to act around him. She really hasn't been around any babies before besides ones her age. I was wondering if she was going to be jealous, mean, or simply just didn't care. And she was definitely the later. She didn't care about the actual baby or the fact I was holding him.

Actually...she cared about his stuff. Bottles, diaper bag, carrier, and blankets. She wanted it all. The top it off, Nick uses the exact same bottles we did and Addison wanted them so badly. She has been off a bottle for about 4 months now and suddenly it all came back to her. Yes, she wanted the bottle but she really wanted it for her baby. She went over, got her baby and placed it in the carrier. Then she wanted all of Peter's blankets to wrap her baby in. Then she wanted a diaper to put on her baby and a bottle to feed her baby. She literally went mad over all the stuff and started crying when we had to take it away.

Finally, my mom went upstairs and got one of her old baby blankets and Donnie brought in her old carrier. She played and played with her baby...taking it in and out of the carrier and wrapping and unwrapping the baby with her blankets. It was too cute. Again...I say, she has the best imagination for a 15 month old. She just plays and plays with her baby and other toys. It is amazing to see.

At least I know now that she isn't going to be too jealous when we start to think about adding another baby to our family. I seriously am not close to being ready. At first I couldn't wait to be prego again. I absolutely loved it. But now, with my workout schedule and dieting, I really don't want to screw my body up again.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!