Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Good news...and a little bad...

Good news: Addison went to the doctor on Friday and he gave us her blood test results. All clear. No more elevated levels. So it was officially...benign alkaline phosphatemia. Whew....It is such a relief to hear these results. I seriously stressed so much that it could be something more serious. I think as mothers we just do this to ourselves. If it was me who was going through this, I wouldn't have been nearly has nervous or worried. But when it comes to Addison, it is just different. I don't really know how to explain it...it just happens.

And now onto the Bad News: Right after the doctor's visit, we were walking to the car and I asked Donnie to use his phone. When we got the car, I thought I gave his phone back, but instead, I placed it on the roof of the car. Forgetting that I did this, I drove off to my mom's house to drop the baby off. It wasn't until we got to the movies and dinner for our "date night" that I realized I didn't give his phone back. I called my sister to check my car, the diaper bag, and her house. I could feel myself getting increasing upset at the fact the phone (iphone actually) was gone. After dinner, we had about an hour to relax, but instead, I insisted on driving back to my mom's to look and then onto the doctor's office to search the parking lot. I remember my husband saying, "you wouldn't leave it on the roof...why would you do that?" The fact is...I would. I just did the same thing about a week ago but this time it was just a drink.

We arrived at my mom's and no phone. I traced the same path back to the parking lot...no phone. As I started to pull out and drive back the same way, I saw what looked like a white piece of paper. I thought, "No, that can't be it." Donnie jumped out to find his iphone in pieces that had been ran over about 10 times. I was devastated. What a way to ruin a great date night.

I would have felt a lot better if it was my own phone. But the fact that I destroyed his phone, contacts, pictures, videos, etc is upsetting. Everyone kept asking me, "Was he mad?" And the fact is...he wasn't. I think I beat myself up enough for both of us and honestly, he didn't even need to get mad. I know it is just a phone and it is easy to say that you shouldn't get upset. But it is easier said than done.

On the bright side...Donnie gets to get the new iPhone 4. He is using his old phone until it comes out on June 24th. Lesson learned - never put anything on the roof. My "mommy brain" just can't handle it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!