Friday, June 18, 2010

To Baby or Not?

Last Friday, we bought a new car....actually a mini van. If you ask my husband, he would say "sport wagon." In any case, it is a much bigger car than we had before. Donnie's car was literally falling apart. Two months ago, we had to replace the alternator which was a hefty $600. Then, about 3 weeks ago, we had to put more freon in which was another $125. After no more than 4 days, the AC was back to not working. If you live in Las Vegas, you do not go the whole summer without AC. It would just be so crazy. After we found out that it would be about $2500 to fix the AC, we pretty much said "Hell No!" It was time for a trade. However, Donnie was still upside down in his car (his car wasn't even 2.5 years old!)

We knew we wanted something bigger and a trade (upside or not) was inevitable. I didn't want to get a smaller car and have to wait another 3 years before we could actually get what we wanted. He checked out Toyota since I am a huge fan of Toyota. My last 3 cars have been Toyota. Unfortunately, they weren't willing to work with us at all. Next, we went to our friend Tom at VW. He works for Findlay so if we didn't like the VW we always had the option to go to Findlay Toyota.

To my surprise, I love the Routan. It feels like a luxury mini-van....oh, I'm sorry....a luxury sport wagon! A couple hours later, it was ours. This was probably the best car buying experience we have had thus far. It helps to have a friend that works there but it really was professional, straight forward and honest. We got what we wanted for the price we would afford.
Now, we have this huge car and only one baby. We have been tossing around the idea of another baby. Alot of people in our life are ready for another one. I am still hesitant. I think my hesitation has been fueled by my grandma. About two months ago, we were talking about another baby and she made a comment saying she was absolutely not ready. She watches Addison the majority of the time - about 2-3 days a week. So as our main babysitter, if she isn't ready, then I'm not either. If she would have welcomed the idea, then I would be way more open to it.

My hesitation is centered around time. I feel like I barely have time now. Adding a new baby would just intensify this immensely. I'm worried that I won't be able to devote the time to Addison like I do now and forget about the "me" time. It feels like that won't even exist anymore. Plus work is a huge factor. My job is transitioning which would actually make it easier to have another baby but still, the time away (and loss of pay on maternity leave) is a big deal. Maternity leave is not covered with my new job so there goes about $4000. Geez...that is alot.

Decisions, decisions, decision. What I do know....is that when we are ready, we have plenty of room in the car!

1 comment:

  1. If you ever need a sitter while you're at work let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!