Friday, July 23, 2010

It's Diet Time

Yup...the story of my life...always dieting. Someday I just wish it could be a lot easier. Guaranteed...after I have the next kid, I will be taking advantage of dieting right after I have him or her. It is so much easier to lose weight right after you give birth. I did it last time, but other family issues just got in the way and eating was on the rise. Hello my name is Jessica and I am a stress eater.

My plan is simple (somewhat). I want to lose 40 lbs before I have another baby. Simple, right? Well not quite...If I planned to lose 40 lbs, I would be dieting and working out for the next 6 months. The catch to my plan...I want to start trying for another baby in about 3 months.

A few people I know are doing this diet called the HCG diet. I have done a TON of research on the pros and cons of the diet and I have concluded that I am going for it. I first decided that I would never do the injections and would only stick to the drops. This suddenly changed when I realized: 1. the shots are cheaper, 2. you only do the shot once a day compared to 3 times a day with the drops and 3. you could potentially lose more with shots.

I already have the injections but I am just waiting to mix the stuff and start. You can't do the injections on your period so I just decided that I would wait until after my period to start. So, this should be about next Wednesday or so. Now, I just need to decided if I want to wait until the weekend or just start on Wednesday.

Good news...The first two days of my new diet is called Loading Days. You can eat whatever you want and the goal is to STUFF YOUR FACE until you are sick. Yup...really looking forward to this day.

Bad news...the very very very very very low calorie diet of only 500 calories a day. And even worse, you have to stick to a strict diet of one veggie for lunch and 100 grams of lean meat/seafood and then another veggie and 100 grams of meat/seafood for dinner. You can't use oil, butter and some spices. You can also eat two fruits and one Melba toast or grissini breadstick. Pretty restrictive...but I have to keep reminding myself that it is for only 30 days and I can do it.

Back to the good news...you can lose an average of 1-3 lbs a day. Yup...this goes to the top of the list and pros. My goal is to lose at least 30 lbs from the diet. I know I can do it. I need to stay focused and motivated.

Once I hit my goal of 40 lbs, we will start trying for a baby. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I'll be blogging my way through the diet noting my weight loss and challenges I encounter.

2 comments:

  1. Jess I am down 6 pounds and I just started eating the low calorie diet on Tuesday. I've lost 2lbs every day! You CAN do this I promise. Also, tonight I will post the recipes in my blog so it's easier to see.

    Also, I have enough HCG for 2 more cycles, but do you think your connection can get some extra sterile water for injections if possible? I didn't order enough and I don't want to pay so much for shipping to order just water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should mention, I have also eaten a couple extra melba toast and still lost the weight. I feel bad! I hope I still lose 2 pounds by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!