Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Birthday, Addison!

The first birthday was a huge success! All the planning (and money) was worth it! We had a semi-small gathering of close friends and mainly family to celebrate the day. I didn't plan any games...just food, presents and of course cake! During the present time, I could tell she was getting a little impatient. I keep opening the presents so fast to distract her and give her something else to look at or play with. She got a lot of clothes which was awesome...but for a 1 year old, clothes are not a big deal. She would open the bag and toss the clothes to the side. I was trying to look at them but at the same time give her something else to play with so I could give appreciation for the gift. I didn't want anyone to think I was being rude by not enjoying their present.

Next was cake and I wasn't too sure how this would go over. Addison does not like anything on her hands. If they get dirty, she immediately puts her hand up to you and moans for you to wash them off. We put her in her highchair, started the camcorder, put the cake in front of her and then just watched to see what she was going to do. She gently touched it with a couple of times and then realized it could be fun. Then, she dug right in. Not just a little bit...but full on, hands covered, digging in the cake. Even though her hands, big, and my floor was covered in cake, she really didn't eat much (which I was very happy). Everyone (about 20 people) stood around for about 10 minutes snapping pictures waiting to see what she would do. It was really cute. I can't wait to watch the video of it again.
All-in-all, it was a wonderful day. We topped it off by going to Red Robin for dinner with my cousin's family where they sung Happy Birthday to her as well. She also got to try ice cream for the first time. She liked it so much I had to move the ice cream cup out of sight as she keep motioning for it.

I really can't believe that my baby is one. I sit here and wonder where the heck has this year gone. She is growing up to be such a little girl...not quite a baby anymore. I guess the term is toddler now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!